5 Technologies to Prolong the Life of Zinc Die Casting Dies
Zinc die casting technologies are changing and with that comes opportunities for more profitable zinc alloys component manufacturing. A recent NADCA whitepaper discusses 5 key technologies that can help extend the life of die casting dies, thus reducing the costs of manufacturing zinc die casting components.
The five techonolgies are:
- Using Superior Grade H13 steel for making the die casting dies.
- Adding high thermal conductivity materials to hot spots inside the die casting die, or using bi-metallic tooling, tools made of steel and copper, for example.
- Placing cooling lines closer to the cavity surface
- Using computer controlled cooling lines that monitors the actual heat being removed and reduces die temperature shocks and thermal fatigue stress.
- Using multi-layer coatings to protect outer working layer from wear, errosion and other stresses, while using a different coating for the under-layers to deal with stresses from the die surface to the outer layer.
Click here for the full whitepaper. As a customer, we provide you with technical assistance and we can help you implement these and other cost-saving technologies. Please contact Ryan Winter for more information.